|Small Village 300 and under||£10|
|Village 301 – 1,000||£10|
|Large Village 1,001 – 2,500||£10|
|CATEGORY B sponsored by Amethyst Horticulture|
|Small Town 2,501 – 6,000||£20|
|Town 6,001 – 12,000||£25|
|Large Town 12,001 – 35,000||£50|
|CATEGORY C – sponsored by Amberol|
|Small City 35,001 – 100,000||£75|
|City 100,001 – 200,000||£100|
|Large City 200,001 – and
|Urban Community up to 25,000||£10|
|Coastal Resort up to 12,000||£25|
|Coastal Resort up to 12,001 – and over||£50|
|RHS It’s Your Neighbourhood
– sponsored by Naylors Bulbs & DART Training
|Business Improvement District (BID)||£100|
*Population figures must be confirmed from the electoral roll and a map supplied covering the area involved in the competition.
**Entry is free for first time entrants (excluding category F).
There will be an annual Awards Ceremony in September for representatives of all entrants who will be presented with Award Certificates, and if applicable, trophies.
There are seven of these awards which are discretionary, irrespective of category and awarded by the Judging panel as merited, and no entry form is necessary. These awards are:
- TDP East Midlands in Bloom Award for Horticultural Excellence within Parks sponsored by TDP, Wirksworth
- East Midlands in Bloom Award for Best Wildflower & Conservation Area
- Taylors Bulbs East Midlands in Bloom Award for the Most Improved Entrant sponsored by O. A. Taylor & Sons Bulbs Ltd.
- East Midlands in Bloom Award for the Least Littered Environment
- Barcham Trees East Midlands in Bloom Award for the Best New Permanent Landscape sponsored by Barcham Trees
- East Midlands in Bloom Committee Award
- John Williamson East Midlands in Bloom Trophy for the Best Business Improvement District sponsored by Amberol Ltd.
There are four of these awards which require submission of an entry form which can be found on this website.
These awards are:
- Frank Constable MBE Award for the Best Residential Garden sponsored by John and Andrew Constable
- Best Hotel/Pub Garden or Display* plaque sponsored by The Art Department
- Best Retail/Commercial Premises* plaque sponsored by The Art Department
- Best School Garden sponsored by Moulton College, Northamptonshire
The Frank Constable MBE Award in memory of our late President stipulates that the nominated garden entry must come through a registered “In Bloom” entrant. The other three special awards can be entered irrespective of whether or not there is an “In Bloom” entry in their location.
*An entry fee of £10 is required for entries into the Best Hotel/Pub Garden or Display and Best Retail/Commercial Premises if there is no “In Bloom” entry in their location.
This takes place during July and the entrants will be contacted by the judges in May or June. Judging criteria include:
- Visible impact of flowers and floral bedding
- Maintenance and care of horticultural displays
- Photographic evidence of seasonal colour
- Attractive permanent planting and landscape
- Community and private involvement
- Local environmental quality
- Local Agenda 21 and Sustainability
- Commercial and industrial involvement
- Absence of litter, graffiti, fly tipping and general cleanliness of
- Efforts made by the Police, hospitals, universities, schools, churches community groups etc.